Join Our Team
Delaware College of Art and Design seeks a dynamic and energetic Admissions Counselor to recruit qualified students to its unique AFA program in accordance with its mission. The Admissions Counselor will represent the institution at college fairs, high school classroom presentations, portfolio days, and other events. A successful candidate for this position will be a resourceful self-starter with a passion for helping aspiring artists and designers (and their parents) navigate the college admissions process.
The responsibilities of the Admissions Counselor include but are not limited to:
- Aid in developing a strong pool of prospects and applicants through active recruitment strategies. Develop and maintain a strong network of local, regional, and national contacts.
- Present College information in an effective manner through high school visits, campus tours, information sessions, appointments, and outgoing communication.
- Recruit, develop, and maintain positive relationships with art teachers and guidance personnel at high schools, college fairs, portfolio days, and similar functions. Experience presenting in front of an audience, preferably to high school students and art educators.
- Assist in the execution of a planned strategy for recruitment activities within an assigned territory, including but not limited to researching and analyzing historical data and pulling reports to guide decisions.
- Maintain a caseload of student files for follow-up from prospective to enrolled students.
Admissions Processing Duties:
- Assist the Director of Admissions in ensuring timely prospect and applicant management through to enrollment.
- Conduct student interviews, portfolio reviews, and preliminary admissions decisions, as well as mailing the final acceptance/decision letters.
- Follow-up on presentations through telemarketing and written correspondence.
- Assist the Director of Admissions in all phases of international student admissions and USCIS compliance.
- Respond to Admissions inquiries.
- Minimum educational requirements: Associate’s degree in art and design field. Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in art or design preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to comfortably interact with high school students, parents, teachers, and colleagues. Public speaking experience is a plus.
- Experience with a CRM is strongly preferred.
Application submission details
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send resume and salary requirements to [email protected]