Maximize your potential at the Delaware College of Art and Design where you’ll earn an Associates of Fine Arts Degree and gain creative and technical skills (as well as confidence) to design your future.
In two transformative years DCAD offers:
- Five majors and unlimited possibilities
- Supportive Faculty of professional artists and designers who will get to know you, your work, and your personal vision
- A portfolio of work that will enable you to transfer to complete your Bachelors of Fine Arts or jump-start your career
Three Steps to Applying
Our application process is as easy as:
Submit your portfolio
A portfolio review is required for admission to DCAD. After you submit your online application, we’d like to get to know you and your work.
You can schedule your virtual review with admissions through email at [email protected] or by phone at 302.622.8000 x219. Alternatively, you can submit your portfolio online via dcad.slideroom.com, or if you have a website or art-based Instagram please include that information on your application.
Now Accepting Applications for Spring and Fall 2021!
- Include 10 to 15 pieces of original artwork
- Drawing from life is recommended
- Work should be completed within the last two years
- Your portfolio can include any artwork in the media and style of your choice
Forward Your High School Transcripts
All applicants must have received a high school diploma or the equivalent prior to entering DCAD. Official copies of all high school transcripts must be forwarded to the DCAD Admissions Office and must come directly from your High School via mail, email, or Parchment. SAT and ACT scores are not required.
Let’s make it official!
To secure your enrollment, you must submit your tuition deposit as soon as possible. Separately, Student Services will provide information on resident housing and meal plan options prior to the start of the academic year.
Your first step to officially become a DCAD student is to submit your Tuition Deposit Form together with the required tuition deposit of $350.00 (tuition deposits are refundable before June 1).
If you plan to live in DCAD’s residence halls, complete the Roommate Questionnaire.
Please feel free to contact [email protected] or 302.622.8000 x 219 with any questions you might have – we are here to help make your transition from accepted to enrolled student!