Join Our Team
Graphic Design Program Coordinator
The Graphic Design Program Coordinator is a full-time faculty member who provides creative vision and support to the Delaware College of Art and Design’s Graphic Design program and its curricular development and delivery. DCAD seeks a dynamic design educator who demonstrates experience in multimedia asset creation informed by user experience design strategies that support foundational web and app development.
In addition to teaching a 3:3 load, the Graphic Design Program Coordinator would contribute their knowledge and expertise to graphic design course and program assessment, department recruitment activities, and cocurricular activities to support graphic design student engagement and professional development.
- MFA degree in Graphic Design, Digital/Interactive Media, or closely related field.
- Active and successful professional creative practice that reflects projects and achievements in the industry of print and interactive media design.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically with applications that support design for print and web/app design.
- Demonstrated knowledge in industry needs and opportunities based on strong evidence in professional portfolio.
- Minimum 3 years of collegiate teaching experience.
- Experience in a position of management or creative direction, AND/OR experience serving as a full-time faculty member or academic department head in higher education.
- An understanding of coding language and skills appropriate for concept development and initial web and app design.
- An understanding of marketing and communication strategies and multimedia digital asset creation that supports those strategies.
- An understanding of the role of assessment in course and program development.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Start date for this position would be August 1, 2023. For consideration, send a cover letter, current curriculum vitae or resume, portfolio, and two professional references to [email protected].