Join Our Team
- Works with Director of Finance to procure furniture, equipment, vendor contracts. Oversees maintenance contracts/agreements, handles third-party service contractors, and directs maintenance procedures.
- Manages and oversees staff/contractors for facility readiness, such as classroom preparation, cleaning, heating/cooling, residence hall move-in, etc.
- Provides on-call duties as needed.
- Provides set-up/preparation for special events such as gallery openings, graduation, etc., as well as longer initiatives like summer camps. This includes building scheduling and maintenance, custodial, safety, security, construction, and internal operations such as deliveries.
- Manages work-order system.
- Provides regular facilities reports.
- Oversees and manages facilities budget.
The Delaware College of Art and Design is located at 600 North Market Street in Wilmington, Delaware. Established in 1997 in a joint venture with Pratt Institute and the Corcoran, the College’s mission is to empower emerging creatives to take artistic risks and engage with inclusive and diverse communities. Our vision is to become a nationally recognized powerhouse of creativity, education, inspiration, and engagement. We offer associate degrees in five majors: Animation, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, and Photography and, to date, have over 1000 alumni.
The College’s values statement identifies four core values: Dedication, Creativity, Accomplishment, Diversity. We value our entire community’s contributions and respect the ways that differences in culture, experience, abilities, and background enrich the college environment.
Full-time employees enjoy a generous benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. Vacation, personal, and sick time are also provided.
DCAD is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all educational activities, admissions, scholarship and loan programs, and employment. Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or other protected status is prohibited at the Delaware College of Art Design. Acts of discrimination that limit or deny access to the educational process and create a hostile environment are not consistent with Delaware College of Art and Design’s philosophy or mission. EEO/AAE
- Associates or BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with energy management systems, plumbing, carpentry, and building, safety, and fire codes.
- Excellent work ethic, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on-call schedule, including weekends, if needed.
- Clean driver’s license required.
- Four or more years of facilities management experience and knowledge of the higher education environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook. Knowledge of Excel a plus.
Application submission details
Please send resume and salary requirements to [email protected]