Join Our Team
Director of Admissions
The Delaware College of Art and Design is the nation’s only private, two-year art and design institution located in the heart of Downtown Wilmington’s creative district. We offer Associate of Fine Arts degrees in Animation, Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine Art, and Photography. DCAD looks forward to welcoming students into its newest major, Game Art, in the 2023-2024 academic year. We value our entire community’s contributions and respect how differences in culture, experience, abilities, and background enrich our environment. A solid commitment to creating a respectful community that embraces these values is essential.
The Delaware College of Art and Design is located at 600 North Market Street in Wilmington, Delaware. Established in 1997 in a joint venture with Pratt Institute and the Corcoran, the College’s mission is to empower emerging creatives to take artistic risks and engage with inclusive and diverse communities. Our vision is to become a nationally recognized powerhouse of creativity, education, inspiration, and engagement.
The College’s values statement identifies four core values: Dedication, Creativity, Accomplishment, Diversity. We value our entire community’s contributions and respect the ways that differences in culture, experience, abilities, and background enrich the college environment.
Full-time employees enjoy a generous benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. Vacation, personal, and sick time are also provided.
DCAD is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all educational activities, admissions, scholarship and loan programs, and employment. Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or other protected status is prohibited at the Delaware College of Art Design. Acts of discrimination that limit or deny access to the educational process and create a hostile environment are not consistent with Delaware College of Art and Design’s philosophy or mission. EEO/AAE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Leadership experience in higher education admissions.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Office.
- Energy, drive, and a passion for art and design education.
- Experience with CRM or LMS for prospect communications and database management.
- WordPress experience for Admissions’ website updates.
- Demonstrated enrollment planning skills including data analysis to develop successful marketing strategies.
- Successful experience as a Director of Admissions in a post-secondary institution, preferably an art and design school.
- Experience in effectively leveraging financial aid.
- Demonstrated ability with enrollment information systems and web-based recruitment and admissions systems.
- An advanced degree in a pertinent field.
Application submission details
Review of applications will begin immediately. For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to [email protected]