Join Our Team
The Delaware College of Art Design is a small, creative community that values dedication, creativity, accomplishment, and diversity.
An ideal candidate for the Admissions Coordinator position demonstrates a true passion for everything art and design. DCAD is looking for customer service-oriented individuals, as you will likely be the first point of contact for prospective and current students and their families.
Successful candidates radiate positive energy and have a willingness to provide support to the college community at large.
This is an entry-level position with an opportunity for advancement to become either an Admissions or Financial Aid Counselor based on performance and strengths.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Is familiar with, understands, and can speak knowledgeably about the College, its programs, policies, and personnel.
- Responsive to and coordinates with the College’s admissions policies and procedures.
- Presents information about the College effectively to walk-ins and through telephone inquiries.
- Processes incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail.
- Performs other duties within the scope of their abilities as may be required for the efficient operation of the institution.
- Enters prospect and applicant information into the College’s LMS, Populi and e-marketing system Fire Engine Red.
- Manages Admissions Office filing system.
- Manages DCAD viewbook and information request processing.
- Schedule appointments for interviews, portfolio reviews, studio experiences, and campus visits.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of special admissions events such as Open Houses.
- Coordinates Admissions Department bulk mailings.
- Professionally greets visitors and assists them in finding the appropriate office.
- Runs data queries for statistical evaluation.
- Assists with the management of work-study positions.
- Monitors inventory of Admissions printed materials.
- Financial Aid liaison.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- College degree is preferred.
- A background in the visual arts is preferred.
Application submission details
For consideration for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to the Director of Admissions, Randle Reed – [email protected].
The Delaware College of Art and Design is located at 600 North Market Street in Wilmington, Delaware. Established in 1997 in a joint venture with Pratt Institute and the Corcoran, the College’s mission is to empower emerging creatives to take artistic risks and engage with inclusive and diverse communities. Our vision is to become a nationally recognized powerhouse of creativity, education, inspiration, and engagement. We offer associate degrees in five majors: Animation, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, and Photography and, to date, have over 1000 alumni.
The College’s values statement identifies four core values: Dedication, Creativity, Accomplishment, Diversity. We value our entire community’s contributions and respect the ways that differences in culture, experience, abilities, and background enrich the college environment.
Full-time employees enjoy a generous benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage. Vacation, personal, and sick time are also provided.
DCAD is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all educational activities, admissions, scholarship and loan programs, and employment. Discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or other protected status is prohibited at the Delaware College of Art Design. Acts of discrimination that limit or deny access to the educational process and create a hostile environment are not consistent with Delaware College of Art and Design’s philosophy or mission. EEO/AAE