To reach DCAD's Office of Communications, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 302.622.8000 ext. 106.
- Registration for Pre-College Art Studio Week now open
- April 22nd 2016
The Delaware College of Art and Design is again offering its popular Pre-College Art Studio Week Monday, July 18 through Friday, July 22. The one-week intensive studio experience has been created for rising junior and senior high school students who are serious about preparing for college admission in the fields of art and design. To learn more about the Pre-College Art Studio Week, contact Director of Continuing Education Jane Campbell at email@example.com or visit www.dcad.edu/yap.
- Read More
- DCAD Annual Egg Drop + Accepted Student Day launches Tuesday, April 19
- April 4th 2016
The Delaware College of Art and Design’s 3D Design students will again continue the school’s annual Egg Drop tradition on Tuesday, April 19, inviting accepted students to join in on the festivities this year. The Egg Drop will take place in the DCAD parking area from 12 to 2PM on Tuesday, April 19, with a rain date of Thursday, April 21, 2016.
Accepted students will have the opportunity to join in on the festivities this year and watch these egg-xcellent flying contraptions in action while mingling with current faculty, students, and future classmates. A picnic lunch will be provided as well as optional campus tours after the event. Excused absent notes will be provided if needed. Accepted students are asked to RSVP by April 15 by calling the Admissions Office at 302.622.8000 ext. 118 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read More
- NEW! Fast-Track Admissions Events Announced
- April 3rd 2016
Interested in starting your artistic future @ DCAD? Get on the fast track! DCAD will be holding *Fast-Track Admissions Events on Saturday, April 16 and May 21 from 10AM to 1PM. (*'Fast-Track' = Admissions decisions can be made on the spot, pending receipt of all admissions materials and meeting all minimum qualifications.)
Register online today at www.dcad.edu/tours,email email@example.com, or call 302-622-8000 ext. 118 for more information.
- 18th Annual Continuing Education Exhibition to open April 1
- March 7th 2016
- Students and instructors in the Delaware College of Art and Design Continuing Education Program will exhibit a variety of media in the 18th Annual Continuing Education Exhibition, opening April 1. The work will highlight the various courses and workshops offered through the program. The Continuing Education Program at DCAD offers courses in the areas of: fine arts, graphic design, interior design, jewelry design, photography, web design and young artist programs for high school students. Certificates are available for: Art and Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Photography and Web Design; and a Combined Certificate in Web and Graphic Design.An opening reception will take place from 5 – 8 PM on April 1 in DCAD’s Toni & Stuart B. Young Gallery, held in conjunction with Wilmington’s monthly Art Loop event. The exhibition will be on display through April 29. Gallery hours are 9 AM – 9 PM Monday to Friday and 10 AM – 4 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Read More
- Nineteenth Annual Student Exhibition Opens Feb. 5 + Family & Alumni Preview
- January 6th 2016
Enjoy the best work by students in the Associate of Fine Arts Degree Program. All six majors and a variety of media and assignments will be featured from the past year. An opening reception in conjunction with Wilmington's monthly Art Loop event will be held Friday, February 5, 2016, from 5 - 8PM. The reception is free and open to the public.
In addition to the opening reception on February 5 from 5 to 8PM, a Family & Alumni Preview Reception will be held from 4 to 5PM in the Tatiana Copeland Student Center. Open to all alumni and families of current full-time students, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy coffee and refreshments with DCAD President Stuart Baron, mingle and network with fellow alumni and other members of the DCAD community, and enjoy a sneak peek of the Student Exhibition in the gallery before it opens to the public. Attendance is free, but RSVP's are requested.
- Read More