To reach DCAD's Office of Communications, email email@example.com or call 302.622.8000 ext. 106.
- DCAD Commencement to be held May 18, 2016
- May 1st 2016
The Delaware College of Art and Design in downtown Wilmington, DE will hold its 18th annual commencement exercises on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at The Playhouse on Rodney Square within the Hotel Dupont. The procession will begin at 2PM from The Grand Opera House (818 N. Market Street) to The Playhouse on Rodney Square within the Hotel Dupont (1007 N. Market St.). The ceremony held at The Playhouse is by invitation only and will begin following the procession around 2:15PM. Guests are welcome to line Market Street while the graduates process to the ceremony location.
- Read More
- Registration for Pre-College Art Studio Week now open
- April 22nd 2016
The Delaware College of Art and Design is again offering its popular Pre-College Art Studio Week Monday, July 18 through Friday, July 22. The one-week intensive studio experience has been created for rising junior and senior high school students who are serious about preparing for college admission in the fields of art and design. To learn more about the Pre-College Art Studio Week, contact Director of Continuing Education Jane Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.dcad.edu/yap.
- Read More
- DCAD Annual Egg Drop + Accepted Student Day launches Tuesday, April 19
- April 4th 2016
The Delaware College of Art and Design’s 3D Design students will again continue the school’s annual Egg Drop tradition on Tuesday, April 19, inviting accepted students to join in on the festivities this year. The Egg Drop will take place in the DCAD parking area from 12 to 2PM on Tuesday, April 19, with a rain date of Thursday, April 21, 2016.
Accepted students will have the opportunity to join in on the festivities this year and watch these egg-xcellent flying contraptions in action while mingling with current faculty, students, and future classmates. A picnic lunch will be provided as well as optional campus tours after the event. Excused absent notes will be provided if needed. Accepted students are asked to RSVP by April 15 by calling the Admissions Office at 302.622.8000 ext. 118 or emailing email@example.com.
- Read More
- NEW! Fast-Track Admissions Events Announced
- April 3rd 2016
Interested in starting your artistic future @ DCAD? Get on the fast track! DCAD will be holding *Fast-Track Admissions Events on Saturday, April 16 and May 21 from 10AM to 1PM. (*'Fast-Track' = Admissions decisions can be made on the spot, pending receipt of all admissions materials and meeting all minimum qualifications.)
Register online today at www.dcad.edu/tours,email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 302-622-8000 ext. 118 for more information.
- 18th Annual Continuing Education Exhibition to open April 1
- March 7th 2016
- Students and instructors in the Delaware College of Art and Design Continuing Education Program will exhibit a variety of media in the 18th Annual Continuing Education Exhibition, opening April 1. The work will highlight the various courses and workshops offered through the program. The Continuing Education Program at DCAD offers courses in the areas of: fine arts, graphic design, interior design, jewelry design, photography, web design and young artist programs for high school students. Certificates are available for: Art and Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Photography and Web Design; and a Combined Certificate in Web and Graphic Design.An opening reception will take place from 5 – 8 PM on April 1 in DCAD’s Toni & Stuart B. Young Gallery, held in conjunction with Wilmington’s monthly Art Loop event. The exhibition will be on display through April 29. Gallery hours are 9 AM – 9 PM Monday to Friday and 10 AM – 4 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Read More